Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In the office!




Okay so we are almost done with training and it's been amazing! I'm on Brittani's computer right now and it's about the first hour that we havent had a session during the day. I've been staying at Donna's house (a woman that works for Food for the Hungry) and she is so great! She's made us so many home made dinners. I'm staying with another intern, Jen, who is going to Uganda! She and two other's (including her fiance!) will be there for two months. Even though were in neighboring countries (rwanda and Uganda) we have to fly completely separately.
All the other interns are so great! (the international ones are in the pic above to the left). The neat things about everyone is that we all have different skills and talents, which are all being applied to different areas of development. For example, Jen on the far leftis pre-nursing and is going to the Philipines to work with health and nutrition while Audrey is an amazing artist and is going to work in India to put together a book for FH with interviews and art work. So it just shows how were all made so different, but each gift that God has given us is needed for something different.

So God has really been shwoing me how He is in so many of the little things. Everything from what weve been learning to how kind Donna is. I think I always expect to only see Him in the obvious things...like when we're being taught about Him, but He always comes up in unconventional ways :) Well we have to finish up some orientation! I'll be on again soon.

Beth

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweet baby girl,
    I, Mom, and now a follower! I enjoyed reading all about your trip so far and don't feel as worried about you...LOL
    Not too many of those wonderful fries, my love... MOM

    ReplyDelete