Friday, June 12, 2009

Travel

"The reason why it can never succeed is this. God made us: invented us as a man invents an engine. A car is made to run on petrol, and it would not run properly on anything else. Now God designed the human machine to run on Himself. He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other."

- C. S. Lewis


I'm at home right now in between one of layovers in Dullus. I'm so thankful I got to come home for a little after orientation. It was sad leaving, even though we were only there for a couple of days. Last night Donna and Elyse took me to this place called In and Out for dinner. I mean its kind of amazing :) Then we hung out at her house. Elyse bought Jen and I necklaces for a going away present. That made my night! In those little things...even though the people involved might not realize..I think those are the small things that God uses to show us that He's there and that He loves us through that.
This morning I got up with Donna and we walked Chance (her dog). We had such a good talk and it made me not want to leave! She has so much to share and I think I can learn so much from her.

Okay so on the flight today I made two freinds lol. One was a girl from Japan whos family now lives in Arizona and she goes to school in Chicago. We started talking and then realized we both run track (well ran for me lol) She was so fun to talk to. The second person I talked to was a little girl that sat next to me on the plane. She was from Inia and didnt speak any English...I realized that after trying to tell her I was happy she was small because she was sitting in the seat next to me. She ended up using my coloring book and then sleeping the rest of the time aha. Anyways heres some more pictures of my last day. The first is Donna's meal at in and out, the next is Jen, me and Elyse, and the last one is Chance ...she didnt want her picture taken

2 comments:

  1. Beth! I hope you have an AMAZING time in Rwanda. I'm going to miss having you around this summer. I'm so excited to know that you have a blog and we can see what you're up to! Please come visit and meet the baby when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bethy,
    We all miss you and pray for God to do amazing things in your life while you are away...I told Daddy that he was Nurse-Bill, as he takes such good care of Spikey twice a day... feeding him baby food with a syringe... let us know what you up to this week and what we can pray for... Luv, Mommy :)

    ReplyDelete